Collection of personal information by Run Partners
We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require for one or more of our business functions or activities, and will do so by lawful and fair means. The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on what type of interaction you have with us. However, it may include, among other things:
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity, subscribe to our mailing list or interact or follow our social media pages like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This information may include, for example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age and occupation;
- Personal information you provide to us when you place an order. This information may include, for example, your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, age, IP address and credit card details;
- In some circumstances, we may collect personal information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies. Where we do, we will ensure that we act in accordance with relevant Australian laws.
We will not collect sensitive information about you (such as information about your racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) unless you have consented to such collection or the collection is required by law.
How your personal information is stored
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss or unauthorised access. Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online services and you use these services at your own risk.
We may provide you with opportunity to provide commentary through our sites in a public forum, such commenting on articles that we may provide. You must appreciate that this may be accessed by anyone. So you should avoid providing personal details and information at all times, and we’ll not be held responsible if someone should breach your privacy as a result of you disclosing it in a public forum.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise required by law. We will take appropriate measures to destroy or permanently de-identity your personal information if we no longer need to retain it. These measures may vary depending on the type of information concerned, the way it was collected and how it was stored.
How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities and provide products and services to you, which include, among other things:
- processing orders you place with us, including providing you with confirmation of your orders, and providing you with our products and services, where applicable;
- administering and responding to your enquiry or feedback about our products and/or services;
- conducting, and allowing you to participate in, a promotion, competition, promotional activity, survey, market research or customer behavioural activity;
- promoting and marketing our current and future products and services to you, informing you of upcoming events and special promotions and offers and analysing our products and services so as to improve and develop new products and services;
- improving the operation or navigation of our websites;
We may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time we collect your personal information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information we collect from you:
- to our related companies, suppliers, consultants (including lawyers and accountants), contractors or agents for the purposes set out in the section above entitled “How your personal information will be used” or for other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected. For example, your name and telephone number may be disclosed to our supplier to enable that supplier to respond to your request for information about a particular product it produces;
- to others that you have been informed of, at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- with your consent (express or implied) to others.
Such disclosure may include the transfer of your personal information between Australia and New Zealand. You consent to your personal information being disclosed to these overseas recipients.
Opting in or out
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in” to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information. You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving marketing communications from us. You may “opt out” from receiving these marketing communications by clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email or by contacting us with this request.
Generally, the type of personal information we collect about applicants is the information included in your application for employment, for example, your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, employment history and other information relating to your work experience. In considering your application, we may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from your previous employers or nominated referees. We may also collect sensitive information about you such as information about your health (including any disability) or any criminal record you may have.
Cookies are pieces of information that our web server may send to your computer’s hard disk when you visit our website. Cookies can facilitate your ongoing access to and use of this website. They allow us to track usage patterns and to compile data that can assist us improve our content, products, services and target advertising.
Third party websites
We may offer links to websites that are operated by third parties. If you visit one of these linked websites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of third parties.
Access and Correction of your Personal Information
You may, at any time, request access and correction to any personal information we hold about you by contacting us. If you make an access request, we may ask you to verify your identity and put your request in writing for security reasons. We may charge a reasonable administration fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information or a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us at:
Telephone: 02 8484 5573
(9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Our Privacy Officer will consider your question or complaint and respond to you in a reasonable timeframe.
This Policy was last updated in February 2017
Get in touch!
If you are looking for a Marketing Strategy or Creative Partner